Friday, February 10, 2012

Simple Country Wisdom - A Book Review

I am a huge fan of Country Living magazine  - Who isn't? I love their decor ideas, interviews and the country lifestyle that the editors at the magazine stay true to every month. So you can guess my excitement when I had the opportunity to read Simple Country Wisdom by Susan Waggoner.





I would describe my design style as country classic and since I live in a rural country area - I guess it fits! I like all things that encompass the country way of life such as: rustic decor, antiques, and home -made baked goods.

I have been a guest in homes that exude the country charm and welcome that I long to achieve in my own home. You know the homes that you just feel welcome in, comfortable in? I have often left wondering what is the homeowners secret? Obviously, they are great, welcoming people but there is something more to it. Susan answers that question for me in Simple Country Wisdom. The truth is it's not one thing that makes a home welcoming - its a sum total of several things.



The author Susan Waggoner gives the reader several (501 to be exact!) ideas to help you make your home feel more tended to, organised and harmonious. The ideas in this book are not limited to decor but also include tips on gardening, saving money on your energy bills to controlling pests and what to do with leftovers.



I hope that you get a chance to read this book and that you enjoy it as much as I did. I believe it is a must have in any well styled book case!



P.S. Country Living and Susan Waggoner have no idea who I am. I simply liked this book and wanted to share it with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment